In an blog post last March, Google and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai said that a new “temporarily closed” option would become available for business owners. Pichai explained, “With so many disruptions to daily life, people are looking for more information about school or business closures.
To make your profile appear as temporarily closed on Google Maps and Search:
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- In the menu on the left, click Info.
- To the right, point to the section “Close this business on Google.”
- To expand this section you might need to click the arrow.
- Click Mark as temporarily closed.